Welcome to my blog!

 



Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa but most of my friends call me Nessa :) and today I'm going to take the time to tell you a little bit about myself. I will be answering the common question we all struggle with “Who am I?”. For starters, I grew up living in Maryland and still currently do. Although I am from Maryland, ethnically I am from four different backgrounds. Yes! Four different backgrounds. You see, my mom is half Salvadorian half Mexican and my dad is half Filipino and half Dominican. Throughout my life I grew up with a big family around me. I have 4 siblings and I am the middle child. Growing up I enjoyed playing outside with my siblings, dressing up, and going on adventures. I have always had a very girly side to me, my favorite color is pink and to this day I still enjoy just dressing up for fun.

Currently in my life, my main focus is school and work. I am a sophomore at Mount St. Mary’s university and study criminal justice. I know that my purpose in life is to be a lawyer and fight to get justice for others and those around me. Since I was a child, I always felt passionate about this career. My family mentions to this day how all I ever wanted to be was a lawyer dressed in pink, another Elle Woods from my favorite movie Legally Blonde. I currently work at a childcare center, I love children and hope some day to have children of my own.

Now you may be wondering exactly where the name and background of my blog came from. I created Venture with Vanessa to be able to share my thoughts and opinions with you all about various topics involving social media. The creativity process behind my blog was to give you all and myself a calming place where thoughts are shared. The soothing pink background has to do with my favorite color being pink and the beautiful mistic view ties with the word venture which corresponds to the journey we will experience throughout this blog. I plan to use various pictures along with my posts to give this blog a more interesting look.

I have very few things that make me tick, I dislike when people are not true to themselves and honest with those around them. I dislike when people pretend to be something they’re not. This may be because I once pretended as well, but now that I am being true to myself I live every single day happier. There are many things that interest me in terms of social media topics. I like seeing advertisements and advocators on the internet. I am especially interested on LGBTQ+ advocacy. I myself am a lesbian and proud member of the LGBTQ+ community. Social media has always been a very big part of my life since middle school. I was always fascinated by how we could communicate online and meet new people. Now of course social media has its highs and lows, but that is what this blog is all about. I will be learning many new things while creating this blog and so will you! I hope that you enjoyed this intro and are looking forward to more fun and interesting posts. I know I am!


- VANESSA

Comments

Popular Posts