New Logo!

 



Every blog and website needs a logo. A logo is a symbol/design that promotes a brand's identity and personality through a visual image. A logo should be simple, like mine which is easily understood. At first, it was challenging to think of a design for my blog. I looked over a few examples on Canva.com and realized that none of them were to my particular liking. That meant that I would have to think outside the box and come up with a design that would represent my blog and its theme. My theme throughout this blog has been social media and its effect on the world today. With that being said, I tried to incorporate social media somewhere on my logo. Another major part of my logo would be the name of my blog. I wanted it to stand out and embrace a pop of color. The font I chose gave off a fun yet creative vibe that highlights "Venture with Vanessa". I chose light colors for the background, such as baby pink and blue. I felt like they made my blog name stand out and be the center of attention. I believe that the hot pink glow grasps viewers' attention. When I look at the logo, the first thing my eyes gravitate towards is the highlighted words. 

If you look close enough, you can see a hand holding a cell phone that has my blog on the screen. The blog post I chose to display has an image that says social media with other images surrounding it that reflect the online world. There are multiple symbols surrounding the word. The symbols represent Twitter, Facebook, FaceTime, iMessage, Wifi, Music, and liking posts. I thought that adding an image of my blog on the logo was a great idea because it gave a perspective of how my blog looks when people view it online. The logo ties together with my overall presence because similar to my blog it is calm and straight to the point. The colors are relaxing and there isn't too much going on. My choice of light colors represents the peacefulness of my blog because they are both soothing yet intereeging to look at. 

The process of creating this logo wasn't as challenging as I expected. The Canva website was easy to use. The example templates helped give me an idea of what I could use and what not to use. I spent a little time looking over other bloggers' logos for inspiration and even famous companies' logos. I wanted my logo to represent me and most importantly my blog. When you create a logo, the most important thing is for it to be interesting enough to grasp a viewer's attention. So creating the logo wasn't the quickest task because I wanted it to be perfect. I asked for opinions from my friends and family to guarantee that my logo was good enough and interesting to them. I assume that other companies do this as well. The opinions of others are very important when it comes to promoting your brand. In the end, I was happy with my results and logo, I feel like it represents my blog well! What do you guys think? :) 

- VANESSA

Comments

Popular Posts